Monday 28 July 2014

Nominated for a Liebster Award!


The extremely lovely Katy from Dissolve in Scottish Rain nominated me for a Liebster award! First of all, thank you very much, Katy, it's so sweet of you!

According to good old Google, the Liebster Awards have been going round for years. The idea being, that relatively new bloggers can connect with each other, and nominate each other for these awards. It's a great way to show your readers who else they should follow! 

The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
1 - Thank/link the blogger who nominated you.
2 - Answer the 11 questions that they have written for you.
3 - Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4 - Nominate other bloggers with under 200 followers who you believe deserve the award.
5 - Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer & be sure to let them know that they have been selected.

So.. Here it goes!

11 Facts

1 - Two of my all time favourite films are Jurassic Park and Pirates of The Caribbean
2 - I don't have a very active social life, I enjoy spending time alone, and don't really like 'going out' like 99% of people
3 - I really try to eat healthily. I eat whatever I want, but I make sure to cook meals from scratch rather than from frozen or from jars.
4 - I love wearing red lipstick but I don't have the confidence to go out in it unless I'm all dressed up
5 - In fact, confidence is a big issue in my life, there are so many things I'd like to wear, but I won't!
6 - I absolutely love animals, if I could I'd adopt pretty much every animal from my local RSPCA. It breaks my heart to see so many of them needing homes :(
7 - I always wanted to work with animals, as a vet or an RSPCA Inspector. But I decided against it because I was awful at science and I'd just spend 90% of my working life crying
8 - It feels really odd that I'm no longer a student, and probably won't be in education ever again
9 - I'm super fussy with food
10 - I haven't been on a proper holiday (other than 5 days visiting a friend in Holland) for about 6-7 years (UNTIL WEDNESDAY!!!!)
11 - I've only ever been abroad without my parents once!


11 Questions from Katy

1 - What would be the name of your alter ego? - 
I couldn't decide, so I took two online quizzes and got 'Amber' or 'Kat'..

2 - If you could write a drama based on your life, who would play you and your best friend? - 
Errrmm I've been told I look like either Zooey Deschanel or Anne Hathaway (I really don't look like either, but I'll take it!) so, either of them, they're both awesome anyway. And I'd like Emma Stone to play my best friend, 'cos she's quirky and funny like my best friend, but I also just want to be best friends with Emma Stone. Who doesn't?!

3 - What high street shop is your kryptonite? -
If money was no object, probably Zara. 

4 - Where do you see yourself in 16 years? -
Oh god I'd be 38! I'd like to own a house, have a family, pets and be married.

5 - What are your blogger goals? - 
I initially started my blog 'cos I've blogged in the past but I wasn't feeling it. I followed loads of bloggers for years and thought, 'Hey, I think I kinda know a bit about blogging now.. Maybe I should try my own'. I'd also just started a brand new job, was graduating from uni etc.. And I thought I might actually have things to blog about now! I think I'd just like to be a part of a nice community, and be one of those blogs that some people actually read and come back to! 

6 - Clothes or Make-up? - 
Oh god. I'll go for clothes. Although I feel awful without make-up, I don't actually wear very much.

7 - What is the one trend that you'll never be able to get your head around? - 
Honestly I can't stand jelly shoes and chunky sandals. No no no. I'm not 10 years old and I don't want my feet to look 10x bigger than they are.

8 - You're having a dinner party, you can invite three people - who? (dead or alive/famous or friends)
I'm just gonna go with the famous bit of this, and I choose Emma Stone (might have a slight girl crush on her), Andrew Garfield (he's gorgeous, he's SpiderMan and him and Emma are hilarious together), and Robert Downey Jnr (he's Iron Man, he's my older-man crush and well, he's just RDJ!!!!).

9 - If you could look into the future and see your life, would you do it? - 
Nah. I'd just spend too much time worrying that I was gonna do the wrong thing and my future life would change for the worst. Or, if my future life was terrible, I'd just be worrying about how terrible everything was going to be.

10 - What's your most annoying feature? - 
Erm, I start stories and stop half-way through sentences, and never finish the story. Or forget what I was saying and then I can't finish the story. I also forget the next word that I was going to say.. 

11 - Who is your inspiration? - 
I'm gonna be soppy and go for my Mum. She had children young, but it hasn't stopped her doing what she wanted to with her life. She's done numerous evening courses at college, always worked really hard, graduated with a first-class degree last year, and then went on to get her dream job. Now, she's got a lovely family (if I do say so myself!), a lovely house, lovely pets and she absolutely loves her job. She's never been a pushy parent, she's just supported me in doing whatever I wanted to, and she's always been there to help me and give me advice whenever I've wanted it. She's awesome. 


My Nominations…

1- What Naomi Wrote
2 - Emma Louise
3 - Vix-ox
4 - Notebook 54
5 - Illustrated Teacup
6 - Lost & Fawned
7 - Bucket of Squash
8 - Style Me Etsy

My Questions…

1 - Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
2 - What were you doing 10 years ago?
3 - What's your favourite kind of blog post to write?
4 - What's your favourite meal?
5 - What was the best thing you did last week?
6 - What was your favourite memory of 2013?
7 - What are you looking forward to this year?
8 - What is the most important item in your wardrobe?
9 - What's your favourite item of jewellery?
10 - If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
11 - What's your favourite TV show?

I really enjoyed doing this post, it took quite a long time and a lot of thought! I can't wait to read my nominee's posts!

x




2 comments:

  1. Aw yay! I loved reading this! I'm so glad you answered my weird little questions - was really hard to think of some! haha <3

    Gave me a wee giggle - and love reading your blog so chuffed you answered!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I love your answers to these questions :)

    Emma Louise xx

    theemmalouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete