Saturday 19 July 2014

Goodbye, University

So… I did it! I had all my hair chopped off, and I graduated! We had amazing weather the day of my graduation, it was so sunny, all day. The ceremony was pretty short and sweet, it only lasted an hour, and I didn't fall on stage, which is always a plus.

We took a lot of photographs, it was like having papparazi with everyones friends and family snapping away.
After the ceremony and a million photographs, I went for a meal at Olive in Manchester with my family, which was lovely. I've never had a bad meal there. I had goats cheese, rocket and red pepper pizza, which was delicious. I also, greedily, ordered some polenta chips too, because I love them, even though I knew I wouldn't eat them all. I definitely didn't finish my pizza either, as I also had garlic flatbreads for starter (carbs overload)!


The day after graduation, one of my tutors held a BBQ on his roof terrace in the centre of Manchester for everyone who'd been on our course. The course was unfortunately cut by the university, and so my year was the final year. It really sucks, it's an amazing course with an even more amazing success rate!
The BBQ was amazing, it was lovely to chill out and have a laugh with everyone as the sun went down over the Manchester skyline. I also got to see one of my favourite high school teachers, as she's my university tutor's girlfriend! It was great to see her, and their little girl.

It's really weird that university is officially over now. I'll definitely miss it, but it's time to get used to the 'real', 'adult' world now! x

2 comments:

  1. Haha I love that you said about your hair first lol.
    Congratulations!! Welcome to the big old world.

    How nice that your tutor did that, a special way to remember your time.

    Best wishes, Danielle.
    http://underlandtowonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I wish I'd have a tutor like that :) Would you maybe wanna check out my blog and follow me on gfc & bloglovin (I will follow back instantly)?

    xx,
    http://trendythursday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete